Friday, August 15, 2014

Book Review: Accused? Guilty Kindle Ebook

Wow This was a book I could not put down, please check out my review. Want to read a book that will keep you on the edge? this is it. Click on book to purchase from Amazon.com 




Accused? GuiltyAccused? Guilty by Barbara C Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a book I could not put down, very intriguing and kept me wanting to read more. I lost sleep over reading this book.
This book is about a Lawyer trying to help her client, who is accused of raping his child, he does everything to prove he didn’t do it. I found this book to be really interesting because it shows how someone can accuse someone and then they have to prove they are innocent. Of course it is supposed to be the other way around but the justice system doesn’t seem to see this. This story is a man’s nightmare, being accused of something so horrendous that he says he didn’t do.
I love reading books about lawyers and trials, this book is so intense so worth the read. I know this book is long but I feel the author did a remarkable job on writing this book, I was very interested in the whole story. I highly  recommend this book.

This is what the Book is about:
BILL ABERNATHY's medical career and freedom are jeopardized when his wife accuses him of raping her and their five-year-old daughter. He hires hot-blooded trial attorney BEA ARCHIBALD to fight for child custody and to defend him against the criminal charges.


Bea's lover and sounding board, Hugh Engle, a Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court judge, fills her in on a long-time pimp for sitting judges. The pimp's former law partner, Goldblatt, is a retired judge who's willing to sit as a master on the divorce case, and is Bea's only hope of getting a fair judge.


She deposes those who are conspiring to prosecute Bill. As the evidence stacks up, she hires experts: One to conduct a lie detector test, both to give her some assurance of Bill's truthfulness and to help her persuade the DA of his innocence; another, a forensic psychologist, to administer a penile plethysmograph to determine whether Bill is a pedophile; and a third, to teach Goldblatt about memory development.


Consumed by the embers spreading from one worker to another in the corrupt family-law industry, Bea risks her legal career by helping Bill escape his smoldering tragedy and challenging a vitriolic judge infamous for handing out the maximum sentence in rape cases






View all my reviews



No comments: