Monday, December 29, 2014

Book Review: Losing Heart by Donna Brown






Losing HeartLosing Heart by Donna  Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What happens when you are waiting for a heart transplant? This story is a short story, but I felt really detailed and intense.  Helen had been waiting for months for the beeper to go off telling her that a heart has been found. During this time she was trying to live her life but was scared. Then the beeper went off and they had a heart for her. Yeah so awesome, you would think, but then she decided she wanted to meet the Mother of the person she received the transplant.

You would think that it would be simple just meet the mother and thank her for the heart, but you would never think of what happens next. You will have to read the book.
I felt the author did a great job of writing this short story, there could have been more, but there wasn’t any reason. The book tells it like it and I thought it was great.

This is the 2nd book I have read from Donna Brown and can’t wait to read more. Makes me really like short stories.

What this book is about:

"I hate you. I hate you with all of Sylvia's heart."

Helen has waited for months for the heart that will save her life. After reaching out to the grieving mother of her donor heart, Helen realises that a second chance comes at a price. The price, she soon realises, is much steeper than she'd ever have chosen to pay. 

There's more than one way to break a heart. There's more than one way to destroy a life...



You can purchase this book from Amazon.com

Purchase on Amazon


Are you looking for the Book Blast Giveaway?
Click on link below







View all my reviews

No comments: