Sacrcasm at Work
It has been brought to the CEO's attention that some individuals throughout the organisation have been using sarcastic language during the course of normal conversation with their colleagues.
Due to complaints received from some employees who may be easily offended, this type of language will no longer be tolerated.
We do, however, realise the critical importance of being able to accurately express your feelings when communicating with colleagues.
Therefore, a list of 13 New and Innovative "Try Saying" phrases have been provided so that proper exchange of ideas and information can continue in an effective manner.
1. Try Saying: I think you could do with more training
Instead Of: You don't have a blankety-blank clue, do you?
2. Try Saying: She's an aggressive go-getter.
Instead Of: She's a power-crazed witch
3. Try Saying: Perhaps I can work late
Instead Of: And when the heck do you expect me to do this?
4. Try Saying: I'm certain that isn't feasible
Instead Of: Buzz off jerkface
5. Try Saying: Really?
Instead Of: Well stand me on my head and call me a flower vase
6. Try Saying: Perhaps you should check with...
Instead Of: Tell someone who gives a darn.
7. Try Saying: I wasn't involved in the project.
Instead Of: Not my gosh-darned problem.
8. Try Saying: That's interesting.
Instead Of: What the heck?
9. Try Saying: I'm not sure this can be implemented within the given timescale.
Instead Of: No blankety-blank chance mate.
10. Try Saying: It will be tight, but I'll try to schedule it in
Instead Of: Why the heck didn't you tell me that yesterday?
11. Try Saying: He's not familiar with the issues
Instead Of: He's got his head where the sun don't shine.
12. Try Saying: Excuse me, sir?
Instead Of: Oi, jerk face.
13. Try Saying: Of course, I was only going to be at home anyway
Instead Of: Yeah, who needs blankety-blank holidays anyway?