Monday, August 11, 2014

Road Trip 2014 Nauvoo, Ill Nauvoo Temple

Nauvoo is a small city in Hancock County, Illinois, United States, on the Mississippi River near Fort Madison, Iowa. The population of Nauvoo was 1,149 at the 2010 census Wikipedia



While trying to map out our road trip to South Bend, Indiana I noticed that we could go a different route and go to Nauvoo, Illinois. This is a place on my bucket list to go and see.
I am a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have read Joseph Smith story and I had heard about how beautiful this place is and I always wanted to come. If you have read my last post on Fort Madison, you would have known I have never been to the Mississippi River, well this town is located on the Mississippi River and so nice.
Well we found the Temple right away, Oh my, I felt the spirit there, just beautiful. I hope you can tell by my pictures how beautiful this place is. The temperature was perfect, a few clouds, just made it perfect day for seeing the Temple and then to see this amazing Temple, words cannot described how I felt.
We walked around the Temple grounds and saw all the beautiful Flowers, everything was so lovely and well taken care of. I could have spent hours there, but we needed to go see more, we wanted to go see Historic Nauvoo. But I just wanted to make sure I had been to this Temple. I am so thankful that we were able to stop and see this Temple and see the sites in this town. I will be doing another post about Historic Nauvoo in the next few days. I hope you enjoy my pictures.



















Just a little info from LDS.org
Milestones
Apr 3, 1999 Temple Announced
Oct 24, 1999 Groundbreaking
May 6, 2002 Open House Start Date
Jun 22, 2002 Open House End Date
Jun 27, 2002 Dedication Date
Throughout history, the Lord has commanded His people to build temples. Temples are literally houses of the Lord. They are holy places of worship where individuals make sacred promises with God.

No comments: