Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Book Review: The Sphere Of Archimedes by H Squires

The Sphere of Archimedes (book #1)The Sphere of Archimedes by H. Squires
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Sphere of Archimedes (book #1)

I heard about this book from a friend and decided to read it, I purchased it off of Amazon. Purchase info below.

Professor Donovan Spiegler, and nine-year-old Oliver Abernathy have no warning that their seemingly routine lives will free-fall into danger and adventure in this sci-fi thriller.
The first thing that I liked about this book was that it is in Arizona, that is where I live, so I very excited to read a book that took place in my home town.
The story is about a boy and his family and they go to the Grand Canyon and he finds a metallic sphere. He takes it home and starts to check it out, and of course things start to happen.
I thought the author did a great job with the characters and I was totally into this book, even though it is for middle school age kids, this book would be a fun book to read as a family.  It is definitely a good book, I can’t wait till the next book comes out because the author chose it to be a: to be continued story, which I would rather it have an ending and not to make us wait for the next book. That would be my only negative on this book.

Professor Spiegler, and his assistant, Cedrick Wilhelm, are researching a mysterious metallic orb when Cedrick goes missing, and so does the orb.

 

On a trip to the Grand Canyon with his family, Oliver, a chubby freckle-faced boy, discovers a metallic sphere. Little does he know, he is holding the nucleus of the world. Oliver's boyish curiosity builds as he tests the abilities and hazards the orb possesses.

 

A group of threatening men turn up at the Professor’s class; at knife point, they demand he relinquish the orb, and show them how to release its powers. In an attempt to flee, Professor Spiegler inadvertently leads the mobsters straight to Oliver Abernathy and his family.

 


In the thrilling adventure that follows, the characters discover the need to work together in order to stay alive. The Professor and the Abernathys encounter other dimensions, and meet deadly enemies. Their survival is hinged on solving THE SPHERE OF ARCHIMEDES.



View all my reviews

Purchase on Amazon:

The Sphere of Archimedes


No comments: